Monday, December 19, 2011

Third day in Brasil

We got up around 7:30 then rushed to the office right next to the beautiful temple.
All morning we met people in the office and in the office everybody speaks English.
Weather was perfect today. One of our leader took us for lunch, authentic Brasilian food.
It was so good. Then I was getting sick so We went back to our Apartment. Actually there is one room with sofa so I could go to rest during the day.
Dad rested only10 minutes then went to the office to go to orphanige. But I was too sick to go so slept couple of hours. Evan told me it was good thing I did not go. Driving would have made me sick.
At night, we walked to Walmart. Seems like everything is so expensive. Dad was going crazy checking all the goodies saying "Oh Tim really liked!!Then we(dad) had to carry groceries. You really appreciate what we have in USA.
People in the office is so nice. We will go to the office at8:00 every morning.
And we found peanut butter!!! So expensive! But its worth it.
I am going to bed thinking about you guys. I love you and miss you guys so much.

Mommy

Geech:
Myself and about 25 other members visited an orphanage in the afternoon.  the kids ranged from 1 to 18.  The staff were really nice folks and the kids enjoyed our visit a lot.  We teased and kidded around with them and then sang 3 christmas carols.  They then each got a huge bag of candy and chips and we played around with them again trying to steal their candy, etc.  We laughed so hard at times that I even started to get a teensy bit sweaty.
The ward had done a service project earlier for them.  We hated to leave them all.  I even had to hold back some tears for them all.
We love you all and think about you all the time.
Mom's doing great and it will even get better for her.  It's true what the other couple missionaries say: I'm loving every minute of every day!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of you guys. I have already looked into visiting you guys in May!!!! We are so proud of how good Mom is doing! I am excited for her to keep on proving the doubters wrong!
    I can't tell you how jealous I am of you two!. Also dad, take mom to applebees sometime when she misses American culture (they have one in Ferreira ward boundary - about five minutes up Avenida Francisco Morato.) Also there is an americanized grocery store there, very expensive, but it reminded me of a safeway right near the applebees. Great food in that area! Any pizza yet?

    ReplyDelete