Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dearest family and friends,

We have a very disturbing news here in our Stake.
One of the Elder ,who was ready to go home in 4 months, was hit by a bus and hurt really badly.
I will aattached to you the message from our doctor Elder's wife's E-mail.
He is still very serious condition. I told you how crazy buses here are!! Elder was walking the side street!!!Don't worry, Evan and I will be extra coucious from now on. It is so true that cars turn even if there are people crossing. Pedestrians have no right in Sao Paulo!We have to make sure that the car or buses are not even near us!

The doctor's wife sent: Some good news.   When Rick got to the hospital and talked with the surgeons, it seems that when they operated they found very little blood around the brain, just swelling.  The prognosis is now much better, but he still has a long way to go.   Other labs and diagnostics look good and he is still in a drug induced Coma to keep things quiet while swelling goes down and healing can take place.     When they were coming out of the room a couple was standing outside the door.   The woman was the bus driver that hit the Elder.  She was beside herself and had not slept all night.  Her husband explained that it was night and she was turning the same corner as the Elder just stepped off of.   They just did not see each other.   She says she is not going to drive bus anymore.   What a sweet lady.  She was in tears the whole time.  When Rick called the parents a few minutes ago he told them about her, they are so anxious to meet her and thank her for her concern and hold no ill will toward her. Salt Lake is trying to expedite their visas and passports so that they can be here by Wednesday.  Thank you again for all your prayers and keep them coming.  He is not out of the woods yet.


I am so sick about this!!! We all are!! I should not blaim HF but I feel like doing that.




Today was Saturday so we stayed home all day and did the wash and swept the house. You know we have no vacume cleaner.
I still have pain in my right leg and headach but that is nothing! I can handle that.
I ate Oatmeal three times today. I was too lazy to fix anything.


Joey told me that Punkin got so fat while they were gone. I had never seen her on their bed and I was wonderring where she was. They have ICam (Video in their house so I can see Punkin when she is on the bed) but I guess she was in the bathroom eating whole time!!!


I really miss and love you!!!


Hiroko






She cannnot be more than 7 bl!!




No comments:

Post a Comment