Friday, February 24, 2012

Dearest family and friends,

How are you guys?
Another slow day. It is nice and cool due to the heavy rain and thunders.

Today we worked on the closing of the program and Evan had to translate and I dictated what he said.
We are starting new projects but we have to wait until next week.

Everybody told me that there are so many Japanese here in Sao Paulo. That is true! So I would be very useful knowing Japanese. But none of them speaks Japanese!!! One missionary couple in our office room, came back after visiting their home (in Brazil) today. They get to go home quite often. They were gone for a week. Lucky!!!

But I don't think I can go home now and then have to come back here after few days later.

Today's lunch was not the best. Fish was sooooo dry and Evan of course loved it. They usually fry fish and they are so good. But today, they cooked with tomatoes, onion and something green.

Today's dessert was sweet bananas. They mash 2 bananas and cook with 20 C of sugar!!! I am not exasulating! Coud be 30 cups of sugar to three bananas!
Even Evan thought it was too sweet, imagine that!!!

Tomorrow is Saturday so I am going to sleep all day. I think I am getting what Evan had plus bad headach.

My Portuguese? No improvement! I just have to accept the fact that I may never learn it. As long as I can say good morning, good afternoon and good night and thank you! and bathroom. That is all I need to know. Right? I can say "Can I pet your dog?"

I miss and love you so much!!!

Hiroko

No comments:

Post a Comment