Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dearest family and friends,

It has been 2 months since we got here and No, I still do not speak Portugues at all. I have been on mission for 2-1/2 months.
I am trying to memorize at least three new words a day.

Today, we are not feeling so good so we did absolutely NOTHING. I already finished one book I bought yesterday which was not that great book. Japanese books are so expensive!!! So as soon as I finish reading, I give them to the Japanese lady at our ward.
Can you believe that she was born and raised in the same area as I did. She has three little kids and they are so cute. I think they speak, Portugues, English and Japanese. Her husband if Brazilian but studyed in Hawaii, where they met.
She has been here for 9 months and she still cant talk Portuguese. Another missionary sister has been here for 9 months also and Evan said he could hardly understand her.

Tim, how long did it take for you to start speaking freely?
Monday and Tuesday are holiday here.Carnibal!! No we are not going to Rio!!Believe it or not, I rather go to the office. I hope my flowers will not die without water!!!

I trim dead flowers and leaves everyday as Barbara taught me to do so!! Thank you Barbara!!!

I miss and love you so much!!

Hiroko

No comments:

Post a Comment